ODI11 to ODI12 migration
- Many users are experiencing a great number of difficulties when updating from ODI11 to ODI12;
- The experience of D&T teams has shown that a simple upgrade from version of ODI to another can create various problems, not only while testing new upgraded objects, but also in their future development;
- Oracle Upgrade Assistant (UA) upgrades all of the objects in the ODI11 repository, but only for one of them, ODI Interfaces, it's better to use our tool. ODI Mappings use a specific style that can create many difficulties when they need to be fixed or in cases of future deployments (normal operations in each data warehouse system).
- As the creators of the OWB2ODI converter tool and having done literally hundreds of conversions from OWB to every ODI version, the D&T team decided to create a tool to make ODI Mapping easier and more efficient when used in conjunction with Oracle UA.
How does the new tool work ?
The steps are the same as recommended by Oracle for the use of UA:
- Run the UA tool.
- Duplicate the just upgraded repository schema.
- In this new schema, called the AUA, delete all ODI Packages, ODI Mappings, and ODI Reusable Mappings.
- Run the tool and it will read from the ODI11 repository and write to a clean ODI12 repository (AUA).
- Export all previously deleted ODI Packages from the old schema into a new schema using Smart Export utility.
- After that import them into the newest ODI12 repository with the Smart Import utility by setting it to reuse the ODI Mappings.
- After these steps, UA upgrades the entire database is upgraded from ODI11 to ODI12, but with all the ODI Mappings created by the D&T Tool.
- UA creates one ODI Mapping for each ODI Interface, but, in ODI 11, a lot of interfaces exist just to create a complex flow, with one or many inline views. It creates two ODI Reusable Mappings for each temporary Interface. ODI Temporary Interfaces and ODI Reusable Mappings are not the same object.
- With the D&T tool, each ODI Mappings is created starting from the real ODI Interface inside the ODI Package, until the last ODI Temporary Interface found in the previous one.
- In ODI11, the choice to use more temporary interfaces to create a complex flow is necessitated by the software. ODI12 has introduced mappings, so this choice is no longer used.
- UA creates a structure of model folders following the project structure and creates for each temporary interface one model with one DataStore (representing the Target DataStore of the temporary interface). This DataStore does not exist in the database, indeed, in ODI11, these DataStores are only in the ODI metadata.
If you are interested in any of the listed services on our website or you have any other task contact us:
e-mail: عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.